The type 2 diabetes market is mature and crowded with inexpensive generics. Despite being marked by a late-stage pipeline filled with me-too drugs, this market will undergo substantial growth between 2015 and 2025, almost doubling over this period. The main drivers of growth will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence and physicians’ efforts to delay disease progression and reduce the costly burden of diabetic complications through the use of combination therapies and novel branded drugs. We anticipate that the type 2 diabetes market will experience a shift in the classes of drugs that are preferred by physicians. Rapid uptake of drugs from the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP-1RA) class and sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitor (SGLT-2I) class will occur; while dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors (DPP-4Is) will continue to grow, but at a much slower rate than previous years. GLP-1RAs and SGLT-2Is will experience the fastest growth of all classes at a CAGR of 12.2% and 13.0% respectively.
Get Sample Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/643856-pharmapoint-type-2-diabetes-global-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2025
Key Questions Answered
- Although the T2D market has numerous well-established therapies, it is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the T2D market?
- The late-stage T2D pipeline is heavily populated with me-too drugs from the classes of GLP-1RAs, DPP-4Is, and SGLT-2Is. Despite this, an oral GLP-1RA formulation and an osmotic pump which delivers subcutaneous exenatide for one year at a time are expected to be game changers in the GLP-1RA class. Both are in Phase III clinical trials and are expected to increase compliance among T2D patients. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the T2D market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- The diagnosed prevalence of T2D in the world skyrocketed in the past 10 years and will continue increasing at the fast pace. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
- The main driver of the enormous expansion of the T2D market will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence, which is attributable to increased life expectancy and an increasingly sedentary and stressful lifestyle.
- The second largest driver will be the physicians’ efforts to delay disease progression through the use of combination therapies and novel branded drugs.
- With the recent therapeutic guidelines putting emphasis on a patient-tailored approach in treating type 2 diabetes, pharmaceutical companies will achieve considerable success with their me-too drugs.
- In the future, companies will have to shift their focus towards competitive pricing, “niche” drugs aimed at smaller patient groups, and drugs that increase patient compliance (through more convenient administration).
- To date, no drug has demonstrated sustainable efficacy in the treatment of T2D. This unmet need presents a large opportunity for investment by drug developers.
- Overview of T2D, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized T2D therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the T2D therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global T2D therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global T2D therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global T2D therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global T2D therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 10
1.1 List of Tables 16
1.2 List of Figures 25
2 Introduction 27
2.1 Catalyst 27
2.2 Related Reports 28
3 Disease Overview 29
3.1 Etiology 30
3.2 Pathophysiology 31
3.3 Prognosis 33
3.4 Quality of Life 33
3.5 Symptoms 34
4 Epidemiology 36
4.1 Disease Background 36
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 37
4.3 Global Trends 38
4.3.1 US 38
4.3.2 5EU 38
4.3.3 Japan 39
4.3.4 China and India 39
4.4 Forecast Methodology 40
4.4.1 Sources Used for Diagnosed Prevalence of T2D 45
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 56
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods, Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of T2D 57
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for T2D (2015-2025) 68
4.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of T2D 68
4.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of T2D 70
4.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of T2D 72
4.5.4 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Prevalence of T2D 74
4.5.5 Prevalent Cases of Chronic Kidney Disease Among Diagnosed T2D Cases 76
4.5.6 Prevalent Cases of Cardiovascular Disease Among Diagnosed T2D Cases 76
4.5.7 Prevalent Cases of Overweight/Obesity Among Diagnosed T2D Cases 77
4.5.8 Prevalent Cases of Hypertension Among Diagnosed T2D Cases 78
4.5.9 Prevalent Cases of Dyslipidemia Among Diagnosed T2D Cases 79
4.6 Discussion 80
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 80
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 81
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 81
5 Disease Management 83
Access Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/643856-pharmapoint-type-2-diabetes-global-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2025
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WiseGuyReportsFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/Wiseguyreports-1009007869213183/?fref=ts